At this appointment, I did my sugar test. Basically, you drink a glucose mixture and an hour later you have your blood drawn to check for gestational diabetes (diabetes that develops while you are pregnant). For those of you who said this was terrible, apparently there have been drastic improvements in the sugar drink. It tasted just like Sunkist orange soda, but with about a few extra tablespoons of sugar added. While we waited the hour for my blood to be drawn, Eddy and I met with the doctor. She checked the baby's heartbeat and said it sounded very good. She suggested that since the amniotic fluid levels were low, that we have another ultrasound done in four weeks at our next appointment. Ultrasounds are really the only way doctors can check the fluid level. I can somewhat control the levels by staying hydrated, but I do not have complete control, it somewhat depends on the baby and the condition of the sac where the fluid is stored. For now I was just told to keep up the fluids and rest in the evenings. I assure you, we have a very spunky little girl, who is constantly on the move!
Erin's Gifts
-
Erin's packaged arrived perfectly on time on Saturday! Since Colby's
party wasn't until 5pm we had some time to kill during the day and the
package got t...
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment