Twenty-eight Weeks (Feb. 20th) Seven Months

We ended up not having an ultrasound done at this appointment, instead our next ultrasound is scheduled for March 10th back at Riverside EVMS. Instead, the doctor measured my uterus and checked the baby's heartbeat. Everything seemed to be in order. Due to all of my Braxton Hicks contractions, the doctor also checked to make sure I was not effaced or dilated. Good news, I was 0% effaced and 0% dilated. She isn't quite ready to come out yet. The doctor also tested for fetal fibronectin (a protein that helps the fetal sac attach to the uterine linig) which if present is a sign of preterm labor and the test results were negative. At this point, we start going for check-ups every two weeks. I can tell you that I have noticed my stomach is growing at a much faster pace then before. I seem to be growing out of my clothes every four weeks or so. Luckily, I only have 12 weeks left to go. I am completely exhausted all the time, but it is just preparing me for when Chevelle is here.

No comments: